** Before you start, we advise you to sign out of your eBay account and then sign in again. This will help ensure that eBay maintain your session during the entire setup process.
To set up and connect your eBay store please follow these steps:
If you are more of a text person, use these steps:
1. Log into you Hipshipper account at https://www.hipshipper.com
2. On the top right hand corner, click on 'Settings' and select 'Marketplace Accounts', the 'Add a New Account' popup will open.
3. Click on the 'eBay' option (the top option), in the 'Authorize your store on eBay' page Insert the store's name and click the 'Authorize on eBay' button
You will now be asked to log into eBay
4. After you log in, leave the eBay page open and return to the Hipshipper page, click to download the extension that suits your browser (Chrome or Firefox)
- I will use Firefox for this demonstration.
If asked, authorize the installation
5. The new extension is now installed on your browser. Click on the Hipshipper extension:
6. Choose the account you added from the dropdown field and click the 'Configure Account' button
In the 'Rate Table Setup' window, select your settings:
Here is a short explanation of the options:
Profit Percent - Enable to increase your shipping rates by a fixed percentage. Any addition will be on top of the rates we set in your rate table.
Ship to US Protectorates - Check this box to allow shipping to Alaska, Hawaii, US Protectorates, APO & FPO- Before you enable this option, you must read THIS MANUAL
Add Free International Returns - Activate the Hipshipper Free International Returns feature. Will incur a 20% rise in shipping costs
Once done, click the 'Setup' button, the extension will then upload the rates table to your eBay store.
* It is important not to click outside the extension area while it is processing as it will stop the action.
Now allow the automated process to run (you won’t see it) and work on your eBay store to create and apply the Hipshipper policy on your listings.
The process is automated and selects the lists according to a set of rules, so if you see an item that is not using the HS policy, DO NOT change the policy manually.
Whichever policy is currently the default policy, please leave it as default.
Never assign the HS policy to items manually.
Do not set the 'HS' policy as the default policy neither on eBay nor your monitor is you use one
You’re done! :)
After a day, you should be able to see a new policy in your eBay store with a name that starts with the letters 'HS', and this policy should have some items attached to it.
If it does not have items attached to it, please contact us via Chat or a Ticket through our HipShipper website and let us know so we can help troubleshoot it.